Waqar Wants World Cup Jinx Broken

As a player, Waqar Younis had nothing but bad memories of the World Cup. Now that the coach, he is a challenge to reverse Pakistan talented team still uneven.

"Well, it's true that the World Cup has not been very kind to me, but it is a challenge and motivated to fight and get another chance to coach a talented team that can win the tournament," said Waqar.

Waqar, now 39, was considered one of the most potent fast bowling in his first wicket-taking deliveries occur on all surfaces, the best known is his toe-crushing Yorker.

Together with his compatriot Wasim Akram, one of the best left-arm pacemen never played cricket, Waqar formed a devastating new ball pair, fondly remembered "two states" clearing best joke line-up of their day.

Waqar was the most important weapon in Pakistan 1992 World Cup in Australia, but weeks before the event was forced to return home in tears without playing a game due to injury. "It 's been a nightmare coming back from injury," says Waqar.

"Yes, it hurts sometimes, that I was not part of it, but I still remember going to Lahore airport to receive the winning team on their return. It 's always with me when I arrived and I always care about great victory for Pakistan. I watched the World Cup at home in Lahore. Every game was fun to watch and we had at the end of the tournament was very exciting and it was when I missed the most. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment