India's Sehwag 'Fit' For World Cup

Sehwag, 32, has ruled India for the recent one day series against South Africa due to a shoulder injury, raising doubts about his fitness before the tournament, which begins Feb. 19.

"I felt pain in his shoulder," Sehwag said. "So (I thought it was) just to stop the South African one-dayers. I do not want to be injured during the tour of South Africa and Miss World Cup. I came back and went to Germany to see a couple of doctors. I have a couple injections and now I'm fine. "

"I'm going to the National Cricket Academy (Bangalore), and spend a couple of days does not control everything - if I can bowl and throw, but if I can not, so I have to give But the moment I'm fully fit. ".

Sehwag, with 7,380 runs in 228 one-day international matches, is considered essential for the fate of India's batting in the top flight, organized jointly by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

The aggressive right-hander said the team was optimistic about their link to open against Bangladesh in Dhaka. India lost to minnows in the 2007 World Cup in the Caribbean, a defeat which led to their early exit from the tournament.

0 comments:

Post a Comment